Navigate to the section you want to go to by clicking on the word.
These handouts are a tool that will help and keep you in track.
- DSME Class Session 2- Nutrition
- DSME Class Session 3- Nutrition Part II
- Food For Life Handout
- Understanding Food Labels
- Understanding Food Labels 2
- Portion Sizes
- Small changes in what you eat can go a long way
- Healthy Cooking Tips
- Meal Schedule
- Guide to Reading Food Labels
- Estimated Calorie Needs per Day by Age, Gender, and Physical Activity Level
- Weekly Action Plan
We give you the tools to get you on track.
Conversation Starter to assess motivation and ambivalence
Some people talk about part of them wanting to change their eating patterns, and part of them not really wanting to change. Is this true for you?
What kinds of things have you done in the past to change your eating?
How ready to change are you?
How do you feel about changing your eating behaviors?
How ready do you feel to change your eating patterns and/or lifestyle behaviors?
How would you like your health to be different?