The DIABETES PREVENTION Program
The evidence–based DIABETES PREVENTION PROGRAM, is designed to help individuals make lifestyle changes to both prevent diabetes and prevent or treat the metabolic syndrome.
The Diabetes Prevention Program provides education, encouragement and the tools necessary to help individuals reach their healthy lifestyle goals. This program is designed for non–diabetic, overweight individuals age 18 and older who have pre–diabetes and/or the metabolic syndrome, and are at risk for developing diabetes.
Visit our Facebook page
The goals of the Diabetes Prevention Program program are to:
- Lose 7% of weight through healthy eating.
- Do 150 minutes of brisk, physical activity each week
Individuals who enroll in the Diabetes Prevention Program program will:
- Participate in a one-year Diabetes Prevention Program that includes
- Core – consisting of 12 weekly sessions
- Transition – consisting of 4 bi-weekly/monthly sessions
- Support – consisting of 6 monthly sessions
- Self monitor their weight.
- Track and learn more about healthy eating and physical activity.
- Learn how to problem-solve and stay motivated.